Feeling overwhelmed with what to pack for 1-4 weeks away? Look below to find the right packing list for you or your camper. Keep in mind that the general packing list can be adapted to fit most programs. Campers in camp for three or more weeks will be provided the opportunity to do laundry between their second and third week. The most clothes you would need to pack would be for 2 weeks.
- Pack together so your camper knows what they brought.
- Label EVERYTHING with your campers full name. You can purchase cute fancy washable labels, or use a sharpie.
- Pack play clothes. Camp is filled with dirt, paint, koolaid and many other things waiting to stain clothes. Also be prepared for your camper to leave a few items behind.
What Not to Pack:
- Cell phones, tablets and electronic devices with internet capabilities. . We know from experience that a phone call home can bring on feelings of homesickness. It is a big part of our mission to teach campers to be mindful in the moment and experience all camp has to offer to the fullest. This can be difficult when home and friends are just a phone call or Facebook message away. All cell phones and devices will be collected on the first day of camp and returned when the camper departs
- Weapons. Any weapons will be confiscated immediately.
- Illicit materials. Any substances or materials deemed inappropriate will be confiscated upon arrival. Possession of or failure to hand over these items may result in a camper’s dismissal.
General Packing List This list will cover the basics of what you need for a week for camp. Voyageurs, Pathfinders and Discovery campers should all follow this list.
For Riding Camp, please reference the general packing list. Please add the following:
- Additional jeans or riding pants.
- Riding boots. These can be a cowboy boot or paddock boot. If you do not already own these, s sturdy shoe with a smooth sole and heel will do.
- Helmet. This is optional as we provide helmets for all campers who ride.
For Sailing Camp and Windsurf Camp, please reference the general packing list. Please add the following:
- Additional swim suit. Though not always in the water Sailors should always be prepared to dive in.
- Wet suit or Swim shirt for cooler weeks. If you know its going to be cold or it’s early summer, the lake can still be very cold.
For Mountain Biking Camp, please reference the general packing list. Please add the following:
- Biking shorts
- Shirts that “wick” away moisture.
- Sturdy tennis shoes suitable for mountain biking.
- Helmet. This is optional as we provide helmets for all campers who bike.
For Day Camp please check the weather daily to ensure your camper is dressed appropriately. Wear or bring the following items:
- Long Pants
- Sturdy tennis shoes or boots to ride horses
- Sun Screen
- Bug Spray
- Rain Coat
- Healthy Lunch