We offers a unique and unforgettable family camping experience. Families are housed in our rustic, Northwood’s style cabins and are provided an action-packed week of activities. Each morning we offer kids clubs that offer structured fun for children and free time for adults. All meals and Camp Olson activities are included in a price that is a bargain when compared to any basic resort accommodations. Camp Olson staff maintain current first-aid and lifeguard certifications from the Red Cross to ensure our commitment to safety. A Family Camp experience at Camp Olson is a fantastic opportunity for families to spend time together in the beautiful Northwoods while having an unlimited variety of activities to choose from. Space is already limited for this fantastic program. View the table below for dates and rates:
|SESSION A: August 5-11, 2018||SESSION B: August 12-18, 2018|
|Session A Cabin||Sess. A Trailer Tent Site||Session B Cabin||Sess. B Trailer Tent Site|
|2 Cabins Open||3 Spaces||2 Cabins Open||3 Spaces|
|2 in Family||$2295||$1795||$2295||$1795|
|3 in Family||$2470||$1970||$2470||$1970|
|4 in Family||$2645||$2145||$2645||$2145|
|5 in Family||$2820||$2320||$2820||$2320|
|6 in Family||$2995||$2450||$2995||$2450|
|7+ in Family||Add $175 per person (limit 10 per cabin or trailer site) After Aug 1 additional guest $200 per person.|
Here’s just a sampling of some of the activities that fill a week at Camp Olson’s Family Camp:
Each of the Program areas listed below is open to participants every morning and afternoon. In addition all areas will have unique activities happening each day and are flexible to allow you to do what you want. Just ask!
- Sailing: The boathouse has a variety of watercraft which includes 15 larger sailboats, 10 sunfish and windsurfing gear. Our trained boathouse staff is always available to instruct or simply be your skipper for a cruise around Little Boy Lake. The week culminates in the Regatta, where Little Boy Lake is filled with the entire Camp Olson fleet all racing for the Camp Olson Cup.
- Target Sports: Trained staff supervises both our archery and riflery ranges. Target Sports are open each morning and offers special games and activities each afternoon.
- Waterfront: Cool off at our waterfront where you and your kids can swim under lifeguard supervision. The beach is always open and will have special games and contests during the afternoons. You can also find Kayak, Stand Up Paddle Boards and Canoes to cruise Camp Olson Bay.
- Horseback Riding: Our corral staff will offer trail and ring rides throughout the week. Camp Olson’s horse trails run for many miles throughout our scenic 1200+ acres. The Corral staff is trained to accommodate riders of all ages and skill levels.
- Crafts: Our Craft Shop is open morning and afternoons and offers campers the opportunity to create a wide range of unique projects.
- Fishing: Fishing at Camp Olson is second to none as we are situated on 5 lakes, three of which are entirely within Camp Olson’s 1200+ acres. Our pristine and private Shurd lakes are unspoiled by motor or public use and are prime spots to fish for the big one. Cooper Lake is a great panfish and bass lake with a kid-friendly pier and Little Boy offers a variety of fish for all anglers.
- Sauna: The sauna will be stoked and hot each evening for an after-campfire steam or whenever requested.
- Nature Programs: Our resident naturalist can help introduce you to much of the diverse flora and fauna around camp. Nature hikes, stargazing, the Bog walk, and the Eco-Challenge are just a few highlights.
- Mountain Biking: Our Mountain Bike Shop is open for you to check out a bike at your leisure and explore our many trails. Each afternoon Mountain Bike rides will be scheduled with a guide to take into the more remote places of our 1200+ acre wilderness.
- Evening Programs: Each evening of Family Camp, we will have various activities that will be for the whole family. These include campfires, beach skit, Carnival, Theme Night, and the ever-popular Big O Variety show.
These will be available for sign-up prior to your arrival at camp.
- Breakfast Rides: Ride a horse or enjoy a sunrise stroll out to the Shurd Lakes to enjoy a classic cowboy breakfast cooked over the fire by our gourmet trail chefs including; eggs, sausage, hash browns, bagels, OJ, Cocoa, and Cowboy Coffee.
- Shurds Lunch: Hike and/or paddle out the Shurds and enjoy a delicious meal cooked over the fire. This activity will be offered each day.
- Shurds Dinner: We’re offering a dinner at the Shurds Monday-Friday evenings at 6:00 P.M. Fish or paddle in the late afternoon and join us for the finest trail cuisine available, including pepper steak, fried potatoes, and fixins, all prepared by your excellent trail chefs!
- Adult Banquet & Kids Cookout: The Hot Dog Roast will be on Thursday Evening for all those under the age of 18. Absolutely no adults are allowed–they will have to dress to impress for the Banquet meal in the Dining Hall.
Family Boundary Waters Canoe Area Trips
Also available through Camp Olson: Guided Family Adventures in the BWCA. These trips are catered specifically to families and allow the convenience of drop-off, pick-up, and total outfitting for a canoe trip to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. A trained and experienced Camp Olson guide will accompany you to aid in planning, navigation, cooking, and camping procedures. Contact Lindsey (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on this one of a kind adventure.
View the table below for dates and rates:
|FAMILY BOUNDARY WATERS (BWCA) TRIP|
|This trip by special arrangement with Camp Olson - (Based on 5 nights in the BWCA)|
|Number in Family||Fee|
|5+||Add $150 for each additional person|