We continue to monitor the pandemic and guidance from the CDC, ACA, and MN Department of Health. This page will be updated as we consider necessary for summer 2023. The details below are reflective of our operational policies for 2022.
Camp Olson YMCA & COVID-19 Summer 2022
Like many of you, we would love to know what the future looks like and how COVID-19 will impact our summer plans. It is too early to predict what the situation will be like in June 2022. However, we will be prepared to run camp in various capacities, depending on COVD-19’s impact.
Thanks to the cooperation of our camper families and staff, our comprehensive and intentional procedures paid off and we had no known cases of COVID-19 through the 2021 summer season. As we continue to monitor the status of the COVID-19 pandemic, we plan to implement similar procedures to those that contributed to a healthy 2021 season. We anticipate guidance from the CDC, American Camp Association, and the Minnesota Department of Health in the coming months and will adapt our policies and procedure to be in line with the vaccination rates, transmission levels, and knowledge of the virus. As always, Camp Olson will keep the safety and well-being of our campers and staff as our #1 priority.
We recognize that recommendations and guidelines will change and commit to updating our programming and protocols accordingly. Our “Keeping our Camp Community Health this Summer” document is dynamic and will be updated on an ongoing basis. This document is NOT our final operations manual for 2022.
Cleaning, Sanitization, & Handwashing Procedures
We will maintain our enhanced cleaning and sanitization procedures throughout camp. Campers and staff will be frequently reminded and encouraged to wash/sanitize their hands regularly and thoroughly throughout the day. Bathrooms and shared spaces will be cleaned and sanitized on a regular and thorough basis. Camp buildings and vehicles will be equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers and disinfectant spray to clean shared surfaces.
Current COVID-19 Vaccination & Testing Policy
- Camp Olson YMCA staff and volunteers are REQUIRED to be fully vaccinated or provide a medical exemption.
- Camp Olson YMCA STRONGLY ENCOURAGES all eligible campers and families of our camp community to be fully vaccinated (including receiving available booster shots for those eligible) prior to arriving at Camp.
- Should your camper be exposed to COVID-19 while at camp, asymptomatic vaccinated campers who test negative may be permitted to stay. Unvaccinated campers will be required to quarantine at home after exposure to COVID-19, regardless of test results.
- All campers and staff, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to attest to having a negative molecular PCR or rapid antigen COVID-19 test completed within 72 hours of their arrival at camp.
- Individuals may be required to wear masks in indoor community spaces, such as in storm shelters or if a COVID-19 case is confirmed within camp.
- Camper and staff may be screened for symptoms and may have their temperature checked throughout the summer.